This soup, alive with probiotics and enzymes from cultured dairy kefir, creates a lovely, cooling meal alongside something slightly filling like a thin-crust homemade pizza topped with summer vegetables.
- 1½ lbs. cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- ½ small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk kefir
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, dill, or parsley
- handful of fresh cilantro, dill, or parsley
- Chopped radish, scallion, or cucumber to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth. Chill for a couple of hours before serving.
- Top with chopped radish, scallion, or cucumber and/or crumbled feta or goat cheese.
- Serve cold.