Whip up a batch of these amazing pancakes, to add a little variety to your morning.
- 1/2 cup oats, ground in blender or food processor (or substitute 1/2 cup flour)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup milk kefir
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil, sunflower oil, or grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 small apple, chopped
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a blender, mix together the kefir, oil, vanilla extract, egg, butter, and honey or maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped apple and until just combined.
- Drop 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot griddle, greased lightly with coconut oil or butter. Top the baking pancake batter with a few chopped nuts if desired. When the top of the batter is slightly dry (a couple of minutes), flip the pancake and cook on the other side.
- Serve warm.