This salsa has sweet, spicy kick that goes great with classic corn chips or dolloped on cold turkey or chicken.
- 2 cups peeled, pitted chopped (very, very ripe) peaches
- 1 large very ripe tomato, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup chopped purple onion
- 5 mint leaves, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, smashing them while you mix.
- Scoop the salsa into a quart jar. Cover with a lid, tightly, and ferment on a counter away from drafts or direct sunlight for 3-5 days.
- Transfer to cold storage. Will keep for weeks.