If you’re already making lacto-fermented ketchup but want to simplify a bit in the kitchen then this recipe may be for you. In this recipe kombucha acts as both the culture and the added acidity to give your ketchup a tart zing that goes really well with the spices and unrefined sugar.
- 2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste
- ⅔-1 cup long-fermented kombucha
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. cloves
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- ¼ cup Sucanat or other unrefined sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Transfer to a quart jar, cover with a lid, and ferment 2-5 days or until bubbly and fermented.