This grapefruit-flavored kombucha is reminiscent of a grapefruit-flavored soda. Like all flavored kombucha, this beverage is made through a second fermentation. Be sure to use freshly brewed kombucha in this recipe and cap the lid tightly to create a refreshing carbonated finished product.
- Juice of 1/2 medium grapefruit or 2 grapefruit sections
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Enough kombucha to fill a 16-ounce vessel
- Add the grapefruit juice or fruit and sugar to a 16-ounce vessel.
- Fill with kombucha, leaving about ½-inch of headspace.
- Cap tightly and culture 3-7 days or until kombucha is carbonated to your liking.
- Move bottles to refrigerator for storage.
- Open carefully when ready to drink, without shaking, to avoid spilling the bubbly kombucha over the top of the bottle.