With the classic flavors of celery, onion, sage and apples, no one will know this stuffing is gluten-free!
- ¾ cup butter or oil
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 medium green apple, cored and diced
- 1-lb loaf Gluten Free Sourdough Bread, cut in cubes and dried overnight
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup homemade chicken or vegetable broth
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute the celery and onions until soft and translucent. Add garlic and apples and cook until fragrant; about 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Mix the bread cubes, raisins and herbs in a large mixing bowl. Add the celery and onion mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour broth over the mixture to moisten.
- Transfer stuffing to a large, well-oiled casserole dish. Bake at 350⁰ F for 30-45 minutes. Or use as stuffing for turkey or other meat and cook until stuffing reaches an internal temperature of 165⁰ F.