This sweet and buttery classic gets remade with a gluten-free sourdough bread. Sweetened with honey and spiced generously with cinnamon, this tasty dish is a perfect make-ahead breakfast for a busy morning.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl, then add the water, melted butter, honey, brown rice sourdough starter, and vanilla extract. Mix until all wet ingredients are completely combined.
- Add the oat flour, millet flour, tapioca starch, sea salt, and xanthan gum. Mix in the flours until everything looks combined and then beat by hand or with a hand-held mixer for at least 5 minutes, to allow the xanthan gum to fully bind with the other ingredients.
- Generously butter a 9x13-inch pan. Scoop 1-2 Tbsp. of dough at a time into the bottom of the pan so that each ball of dough barely touches.
- Add honey to melted butter and remove from heat. Whisk in cinnamon until everything is combined. Drizzle butter mixture evenly over the dough and sprinkle with nuts. Cover with plastic wrap or other tight-fitting lid and ferment overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap or other tight-fitting lid and place in preheated oven.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until dough is just set. Cool for several minutes before serving.
Ready to Learn More?
- Gluten-Free Brown Rice Sourdough Bread Recipe
- Gluten-free Sourdough Whole Grain Zucchini Bread
- Hearty Gluten-free, Gum-free Sourdough Loaf
- Sourdough Expert Advice Articles, How-to Videos and Recipes
- Introduction to Working With Gluten-free Sourdough
- A Guide to Flour Substitutions in Gluten-free Sourdough Baking