This soured quick bread is just sweet enough and includes festive mix-ins like cranberries, walnuts, and cinnamon. Serve it with softened butter and tea.
- 1-1/2 cups brown rice sourdough starter
- 3/4 cup milk or cultured dairy
- 3/4 cup each white rice, sorghum, and tapioca flours
- 3 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix sourdough starter, milk, flours, and flax seed until combined into a stiff dough. Cover and sour 6-12 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; whisk in honey, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt over the soured dough. Pour egg-honey mixture over dry ingredients; mix in gently.
- Add cranberries and walnuts, mixing together until well combined.
- Divide batter among two buttered loaf pans, filling each up to 2/3 full.
- Bake 40 minutes or until tops are set, the bottom has browned, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Ready to Learn More?
- Gluten-free, Dairy-free Cranberry-Orange Sourdough Scones
- Gluten-free Sourdough Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gluten-free Lemon Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes
- Sourdough Expert Advice Articles, Videos & Recipes
- An Introduction to Working with Gluten-free Sourdough
- A Guide to Flour Substitutions in Gluten-free Sourdough Baking