Decorate your average cupcake with this above average frosting! Using sour cream in the recipe adds a sweet-and-sour flavor and a creamy texture you'll absolutely love!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and butter until well combined.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- If frosting is too thick, spoon in more sour cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread on cooled cake or cupcakes and top with cinnamon or bits of grated carrot, or just leave it plain.