It can be frustrating to spread cold butter right out of the refrigerator. This recipe has the delicious ingredient of butter combined with healthy oils and cultured buttermilk, making it easily spreadable without sacrificing flavor.
The addition of fresh herbs makes this a nice daily indulgence.
- 3 Tbsp. fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, sage, or parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup combination of sunflower, safflower, olive, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Chop fresh herbs and set aside.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and blend. Add the herbs and mix well.
- Pour into wide-mouthed glass containers, cover, and place in the refrigerator.