Add a little delicious feta to a vegetable soup for a robust and creamy lunch.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 leeks, diced
- 1 Lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 5 or 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and sliced into 1-inch strips
- 6 cups water
- 8-ounces feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté the onion and leeks in the oil over medium-high heat until they are translucent. Transfer to a stock pot and add the potatoes, carrots, pepper, and water. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat and cover. Allow the soup to simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and uncover the soup. Test the potatoes to make sure that they are done. Once they are cooked thoroughly, allow the soup to cool for a few minutes, then stir in the feta and lemon juice. Serve warm with tortillas or French bread.