Here’s an unusual way to prepare a soft, mild cheese and add a savory twist!
- 1 Lb. queso blanco, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small purple onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup marinade (ingredients below)
- 1 cup sour kombucha or apple cider vinegar (for marinade)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley (for marinade)
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce (for marinade)
- Marinate the queso blanco cubes in a large, covered bowl in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add cheese, marinade, onions, peppers, cabbage, mushrooms, almonds, and garlic. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes longer. Keep stirring occasionally to prevent scorching or sticking.