A delicious and simple dessert packed with punch for an entertaining presentation.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ripe but firm pears, such as Anjou or Bosc, halved and cored
- 4 Tbsp. raw honey, preferably local
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 3 Tbsp. pine or pepita nuts
- Melt unsalted butter in a cast-iron pan over medium heat until it begins to brown. Try not to stir it during the melting and browning process.
- Place the halved pears face down in the pan and drizzle the honey into the melted butter. Keep heat on medium, cover and pears cook until they are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove pears and let them cool.
- Add salt and nuts to pan and stir gently until the sauce thickens. Crumble blue cheese in the center of the pears and drizzle with the caramel sauce.
- Garnish with fresh basil or mint sprigs. Serve immediately.