Jarlsberg is a sweet, nutty cheese with wide, round holes (“eyes”). You can also make this recipe with Emmental or even a mild Swiss cheese.
- 2 tablespoons sour kombucha
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 8 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. mushrooms, rinsed and drained
- 1 large apple, Golden Delicious or Pink Lady
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 5 ounce Jarlsberg cheese, cut into 1x1/8-inch strips
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, washed and drained
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, washed and drained
- Slice the mushrooms thin. Set aside in a medium bowl. Core the apple and slice it thin, too. Add it to the mushrooms in the bowl and toss with the lemon juice.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small-mouth quart jar and shake vigorously. Season it with the salt and pepper and shake once more. Refrigerate it until you are ready to use it.
- Tear the lettuce and spinach into bite-size pieces and toss until blended.
- Add the mushrooms and apples. Toss with the Jarlsberg.
- Drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.