Part apple pie, part cheesecake, 100% delicious!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- In a small saucepan, gently heat honey and butter over low heat until both are very soft. The butter does not need to be fully melted. Add almond flour and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides about 3/4 inch.Place in refrigerator while mixing filling.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and blend with a hand mixer or immersion blender until smooth. Pour into prepared crust.
- Sprinkle apple topping (see below) over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 to 35 minutes, until filling is mostly firm (it will set up more as it cools) and topping is nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours before cutting.
- 4 cups peeled and diced apples (try Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar (rapadura or Sucanat)
- 1/2 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped crispy nuts (walnuts or pecans, soaked 12 hours and then dehydrated until crispy)
- In a small bowl, mix apples, sugar, and cinnamon together until apples are completely coated with sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in chopped nuts and sprinkle over cream cheese filling.