A traditional Southern favorite gets an update with the addition of this creamy cheese.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 2/3 cups shredded Gouda cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Combine the broth, milk, salt, and pepper in a saucepan. Bring them to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Very slowly and gradually whisk in grits. Stir for about 30 seconds, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese and butter, and stir until it has all melted.
Serve hot with bacon and toast for a delicious, filling breakfast.
Ready to Learn More?