Here is a fun holiday recipe that can be made ahead for dinner parties. The combination of flavors and colors are stellar and, best of all, it can be prepared ahead of time. Make up a batch of sourdough crackers to go with this spread for a cultured homemade treat.
- 6 Tbsp. port wine
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 lb. chevre
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Heat the port wine in a small saucepan over medium heat until it is reduced to half its volume. Stir in the maple syrup and allow to cool.
- When cooled, combined the mixture with the chevre in a large mixing bowl until combined. Transfer to a shallow serving dish and spread evenly.
- Melt the butter on low heat and add in the pecan halves. Add the salt, pepper, cranberries and rosemary and cook for about a minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread the cranberry-pecan mixture on top of the cheese mixture.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to bring for a holiday gift.