These will make a hearty appetizer or a light supper.
- 1 1/2 Lbs thinly sliced naturally cured ham
- 2 cups cooked soaked or sprouted brown rice
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 pastured egg plus 1 egg white (save yolk for sauce)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, or 1 pound of fresh spinach, steamed until wilted and squeezed dry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Paprika, optional
- 1/2 to 1 cup mustard sauce (ingredients and instructions below)
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard (for sauce)
- 2 cups cultured sour cream (for sauce)
- 1 egg yolk (for sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder (for sauce)
- Salt and pepper to taste (for sauce)
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl mix cottage cheese, eggs, brown rice, onion, spinach, salt, and enough mustard sauce to hold mixture together.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture on each ham slice and roll up. Place seam side down in a buttered 9x11-inch baking dish. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake at 350°F, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes.