In addition to being an amazing probiotic beverage, kefir is also very versatile and can usually be substituted for milk, yogurt, or buttermilk in recipes.
USE MILK KEFIR IN YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES!
Dairy kefir provides a wonderful tart base for your favorite creamy salad dressing. If you have a favorite creamy salad dressing recipe that calls for yogurt as the base, simply substitute kefir.
- All Kefir Ranch Salad Dressing
- Green Goddess-style Kefir Salad Dressing
- Creamy Kefir Black Peppercorn Dressing
- Milk Kefir Vinaigrette
Not only is kefir ice cream a wonderful dessert, it's a healthy snack or even a great summer breakfast!
- Kefir Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Raspberry Kefir Ice Cream
- Apple Cinnamon Kefir Ice Cream
- Coffee Kefir Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Kefir Ice Cream
Whether it's a warm bowl of soup on a cool spring day or a bowl of cold soup on a hot summer afternoon, kefir makes a wonderful tangy base.
- Spiced Pumpkin-Sweet Potato Soup with Kefir
- Chilled Cucumber-Avocado Kefir Soup
- Okroshka (Cold Kefir Soup from Russia)
- Cold Borscht with Kefir
Using kefir as the base in your favorite smoothie recipe is an easy way to add a probiotic powerhouse. Kefir can be substituted in any smoothie recipe calling for a yogurt base.
- Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Chai-spiced Milk Kefir
- Cantaloupe Kefir Smoothie
- Dairy-free Piña Colada Smoothie
Baking: Cakes, Breads, and Muffins
Dairy kefir can be substituted for yogurt or buttermilk in your favorite baked goods. It's a great way to use up excess kefir.