Incorporating cultured and fermented foods into your favorite holiday dishes is easy. With a few small adjustments and substitutions, your family can enjoy a more nutrient-dense meal complete with a probiotic boost.
Make over your favorite dip recipe by substituting yogurt, kefir, or naturally cultured sour cream for mayonnaise. Or try these delicious alternatives:
- Turkish kefir dip
- Kefir ranch dip,
- Kefir artichoke dip
- Sundried tomato, basil, and hazelnut dip
- Blue cheese and walnut kefir dip.
Don't have kefir on hand? Try our Milk Kefir Grains for delicious homemade milk kefir.
Try several different soft cheeses in our Home Cheesemaking Kits.
For a festive substitute to traditional crackers, try making
- Sourdough onion-caraway sprouted rye crackers
- Parmesan crackers
- Sourdough Bacon, Rosemary, and Cracked Peppercorn Crackers
- Whole Grain Gluten-free Sourdough Crackers
Compare our Sourdough Starters and choose one that fits your taste.
Cut fruit into bite-size pieces and serve with slices of Honey-Lavender Goat Cheese and a few chocolate curls. Decorative and delicious!
Be sure to have plenty of cultured butter on hand for bread, vegetables, corn and potatoes! Never has a cultured food been more delicious.
- Sparkling punch can easily be replaced with water kefir.
- Adding Lacto-fermented Pumpkin Spice Syrup to your coffee or beverage of choice means a huge savings at the coffee shop!
- If you're planning to make egg nog, try this Kefir Egg Nog instead.
- Chai Piima is a soothing cold-weather beverage.
Choose from Water or Milk Kefir Cultures and Starter Kits.
Many holiday gatherings focus on the dessert. There are endless ways to make dessert cultured.
Delicious cookies can be made with sourdough, cultured butter and organic sugar. For the next cookie exchange, try these:
- Sourdough chocolate chip cookies
- Soft sourdough cookies
- Cranberry Orange Spiced Sourdough Cookies
- Gluten-free Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sourdough Brownies
Cultured Dessert Toppings
Looking for more recipe ideas? Browse our complete collection of Cultured and Fermented Food Recipes.