Dill, mustard, and honey, all combined with whey and a bit of time, and voila! A condiment worthy of dipping and spreading on a variety of foods from corned beef to a cheese sandwich.
- ½ cup mustard powder or ¼ cup whole seeds plus ¼ cup mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons whey, water kefir, or kombucha
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons dried or 5 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- If using seeds, pulse them partially in a food processor. Then put seeds, mustard powder, and the rest of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour mustard into a jar, leaving at least 1 inch headspace
- Cover tightly and leave on the counter for 2-4 days before moving it to the refrigerator.