Start making yogurt at home. This mild direct-set kosher yogurt starter is easy to use and produces thick, creamy yogurt. Perfect for beginners and busy people alike. Make yogurt when you like and freeze the remaining starter for later. No starter to maintain.
- Each bottle contains 1¼ teaspoons starter culture.
- Use ⅛ teaspoon with 1-2 quarts milk
- For larger batches, use ¼ teaspoon with 1-4 gallons milk
- Instructions for using this culture may be found here
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance
- This culture is also suitable for use with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care.
- Yogurt is amazingly versatile, and may be used in recipes from smoothies to baked goods.
- Certified Kosher
Ingredients: Milk, live active cultures (Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. lactis, Streptococcus thermophilus)
This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Shipping Information and Shelf-life:
Our Kosher Mild Flavor Yogurt Starter Culture is shipped in a polyethylene bottle as a freeze-dried yogurt culture in a dairy carrier. The starter is good
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 3 to 4 weeks
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 6 to 12 months
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 12+ months
Questions on Kosher Yogurt Starter: Mild Flavor
- From Tammy at 12/21/2011 10:09 PM
- From Kem at 5/8/2011 2:12 AM
- Is this kosher certified Circle-K Dairy or just plain circle-K? My son has a serious reaction to even small amounts of cow's milk dairy and I'm looking to use a yogurt starter with goat's milk...
- This starter is cultured in milk, and includes milk as one of its ingredients. Once it is used to produce yogurt with goat's milk, the amount of cow's milk in the yogurt would be miniscule. (1/8 teaspoon of starter inoculates up to two quarts of milk, so the ratio is 1 part of cow milk to 392 parts of goat milk. This is equivalent to 1/128 teaspoon of cow milk in a half-cup of goat milk yogurt.) Check with your health practitioner to see if this would be an appropriate choice for your son.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- Kosher Yogurt Starter Review by Alex
Value Quality Price
I purchased this product because it is kosher.
I used 1/8 teaspoon to 4 cups
I set the time for 9 hours.
It came out a bit more 'liquidy' than the store, but I will compensate that by adding milk in powder and milk concentrate.
Price is a little high but the product is of good quality.
Product can be conserved for weeks/months in the freezer.
(Posted on 6/3/2014)
- PERFECT - Easy - Tasty Review by Tammy
Price Value Quality
I purchased this product because it is kosher. I used 1/8 teaspoon to 4 cups Organic Whole Milk and my Dovier yogurt maker. I set the time for 9 hours.
The taste is lovely. Not as strong as I thought it would be when I opened the lid. 1 teaspoon of honey is more than enough to sweeten perfectly!
It came out a bit more 'liquidy' than the store bought I'm used to, but I will try 10 hours next time, and maybe draining for a couple hours. This is just a personal preference - not a reference to the product.
Thanks for carrying a consumer size, reliably Kosher product!
(Posted on 2/27/2012)