Brew delicious organic kombucha tea at home!
- Make delicious probiotic-rich kombucha tea
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan
- Reusable culture; transfer the culture from batch to batch
- With proper care, the culture can be used indefinitely to create delicious fermented tea
- Easy to make; can be flavored a variety of ways
A kombucha starter culture (a.k.a. kombucha scoby, mushroom, mother) consists of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. When combined with brewed tea, sugar, and water and allowed to ferment for 5 to 30 days, the resulting kombucha tea beverage has a slightly carbonated zing and is packed full of B vitamins.
Save money! Commercially available kombucha tea generally sells for $3+ for a 16-ounce bottle. Using our kombucha starter culture, you can brew kombucha tea for $2 a gallon or less! With proper care, the kombucha scoby can be used over and over to brew a refreshing, vitamin-filled kombucha tea.
Ingredients: Organic sugar, organic black tea.
Kombucha scobys are manufactured in a facility that also processes dairy, soy, wheat, nut, and fish products. Kombucha scobys are culture (no animal products).
Shipping Information: Kombucha tea starter cultures are shipped in a dehydrated state and must be rehydrated. Rehydration requires vinegar (or plain raw kombucha), sugar, tea and a 10- to 30-day rehydration period. Full rehydration and brewing instructions accompany each order and are available here. A video detailing the rehydration process can also be found here.
Questions on Kombucha Tea Starter Culture
- From LeAnne at 10/17/13 6:23 PM
- I am expecting my starter kit to arrive tomorrow and I was wondering, is there anyway that I can use a synergy plain kombucha for my first batch instead of using the vinegar? Also, do I need to brew the second batch for 30 days or can I go for 7?
- We recommend using only distilled white vinegar for your re-hydration batch and your following batch as the starter. This keeps the scoby healthier.
You second batch should take between 7 and 14 days.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From joan at 10/31/13 9:06 PM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- Easy to make Review by Danielle
Value Quality Price
- great service and great products , thank you Review by larry
Quality Value Price
- Cost Effective Health Drink! Review by Yurek
Quality Price Value
Starter cultures, rennet for cheese making and cultured vegetables, juices and condiments are sensitive to excessive heat. Once your order has shipped, an e-mail with tracking information will be sent to you. We encourage you to use the tracking information to anticipate the arrival of your items so they can be removed from the mail box and stored in the refrigerator promptly.