- 2 cups kefir (can substitute yogurt, buttermilk, or whole milk)
- 1 cup kefir cream made with heavy cream (can substitute non-kefired heavy cream)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup organic sugar (can use raw honey but reduce the amount by approximately 40%)
Beat eggs together well then beat in sugar. (Start with a conservative amount of sweetener and add in small increments to taste; keep in mind that the finished ice cream will be slightly less sweet than the kefir mixture before it’s frozen.) Blend in the kefir cream and vanilla. Transfer to the ice cream maker and follow the instructions that came with the machine.
- Chocolate: Add 2/3 cup organic cocoa powder. Increase the amount of sweetener to taste.
- Strawberry: Add 1/2 to 1 cup crushed strawberries.
- Mint: Decrease the amount of vanilla extract and add 1 to 3 teaspoonsm mint extract. If desired, add organic dark chocolate chips or a 3-ounce organic dark chocolate bar, chopped.
- Turtle: Add toasted organic unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted organic pecans, and organic dark chocolate chips or a 3-ounce organic dark chocolate bar, chopped. Drizzle with raw honey or homemade caramel sauce.
Note: Please exercise caution when consuming raw eggs or products made with raw eggs.