One of the most popular ways to use extra kefir! Make it with vanilla, or try one of the variations listed below.
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup organic sugar (or 5 tablespoons raw honey)
- 2 cups milk kefir
- 1 cup kefir cream or heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat eggs well; beat in sugar. Start with a conservative amount of sweetener and add in small increments to taste; keep in mind that the finished ice cream will be slightly less sweet than the kefir mixture before it’s frozen.
- Blend in milk kefir, kefir cream and vanilla.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Add ⅔ cup organic cocoa powder. Increase the amount of sweetener to taste.
- Add ½ to 1 cup crushed strawberries.
- Decrease the amount of vanilla extract and add 1-3 teaspoons mint extract. If desired, add organic dark chocolate chips or a 3-ounce organic dark chocolate bar, chopped.
- Turtle: Add toasted organic unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted organic pecans, and organic dark chocolate chips. Drizzle with raw honey or homemade caramel sauce.
Note: Please exercise caution when consuming raw eggs or products made with raw eggs.
Ready For More Frozen Cultured Treats?