One of the most popular ways to use extra kefir! Make it with vanilla, or try one of the variations listed below.
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup organic sugar (can use raw honey but reduce the amount by approximately 40%)
- 2 cups kefir (can substitute yogurt, buttermilk, or whole milk)
- 1 cup kefir cream made with heavy cream (can substitute non-kefired heavy cream)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat eggs together well then beat in sugar. (Start with a conservative amount of sweetener and add in small increments to taste; keep in mind that the finished ice cream will be slightly less sweet than the kefir mixture before it’s frozen.)
- Blend in the kefir, kefir cream and vanilla.
- Transfer to the ice cream maker and follow the instructions that came with the machine.
- Chocolate: Add ⅔ cup organic cocoa powder. Increase the amount of sweetener to taste.
- Strawberry: Add ½ to 1 cup crushed strawberries.
- Mint: Decrease the amount of vanilla extract and add 1 to 3 teaspoonsm mint extract. If desired, add organic dark chocolate chips or a 3-ounce organic dark chocolate bar, chopped.
- Turtle: Add toasted organic unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted organic pecans, and organic dark chocolate chips or a 3-ounce organic dark chocolate bar, chopped. Drizzle with raw honey or homemade caramel sauce.
Note: Please exercise caution when consuming raw eggs or products made with raw eggs.
Ready For More Frozen Treats?