Kefir Banana Bread
Is there anyone who doesn't love Banana Bread? Make it more moist and delicious with milk kefir.
- ½ cup milk kefir
- 2 cups flour
- 1⅓ cup sugar (rapadura or Sucanat work well)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cup cups bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- If desired, 12 to 24 hours prior to making bread, mix the flour and kefir together. Cover and allow the flour to soak.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, bananas, and nuts.
- Add the kefir and flour mixture and mix just until blended. Add the baking soda and baking powder and mix just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-inch bread pan.
- Bake for approximately 1½ hours, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Ready For More Quick Bread Recipes?