For a fun variation to your usual creamy dip, add chopped artichokes and cultured dairy. Both add a little zing, and additional probiotics are always welcome!
- ½ cup strained dairy kefir (consistency of sour cream or slightly thicker)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup yellow onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- Mix together the strained kefir and mayonnaise.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- If serving cold, cover and refrigerate for several hours prior to serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- If a warm dip is preferred, mix all ingredients except kefir, place in an oven safe dish and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Once cooled slightly, stir in strained kefir, to retain probiotics.
Looking for More Recipes Using Milk Kefir?