Italian Sausage, Spinach, and Ricotta Squares
These quiche-like squares are especially popular with men who don’t normally eat quiche. They are firm and meaty, good hot or cold, and easy to make.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage (if using links, remove casings and break up)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry)
- 6 pastured eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage over medium-high heat until no pink remains in meat. Drain excess grease. Stir in garlic and drained spinach. Set aside to cool.
- Add eggs and cheeses to sausage mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a buttered 2.5-quart glass baking dish. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until top is firm to the touch and center is set.
Serve warm as a brunch dish or cold as an appetizer.
Ready to Learn More?