Italian Sausage, Spinach, and Ricotta Squares
These quiche-like squares are especially popular with men who don’t normally eat quiche. They are firm and meaty, good hot or cold, and easy to make.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage (if using links, remove casings and break up)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry)
- 6 pastured eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage over medium-high heat until no pink remains in meat. Drain excess grease. Stir in garlic and drained spinach. Set aside to cool.
2. Add eggs and cheeses to sausage mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour into a buttered 2.5-quart glass baking dish. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until top is firm to the touch and center is set. Serve warm as a brunch dish or cold as an appetizer.
Ready to Learn More?