How to Make Piimä Cream
Piimä cream can be used in place of sour cream and makes a delicious topping to almost any dish.
- 2 tablespoons piimä yogurt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- Add piimä yogurt to room-temperature cream. Mix to combine.
- Cover the container with a loose lid (a coffee filter or tight-weave towel secured with a rubber band works well).
- Culture at room temperature for 12 to 18 hours or until the cream has thickened.
- Refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving to halt the culturing process.
Note: Pasteurized heavy whipping cream will produce thicker piima cream than will half-and-half or raw cream.
Ready for More Recipes Using Piimä?