Probiotics Guacamole or Bean Dip
Dips like guacamole, bean dips, and cultured dairy-based dips, like ranch, contribute satiating fats, important vitamins, and delicious flavor.
To boost these dips even more you can add probiotics to them. The double punch of healthy fats and beneficial bacteria will make dip the nutritional focal point of your snack or meal.
- 2 large Hass avocados, pitted and mashed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whey
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and cover with a lid. Eat straight away or allow to culture for 8 to 12 hours.
- The surface of the guacamole will oxidize and produce a brown color on the surface. This is still perfectly edible and can be eaten as is, stirred in, or scraped off.
Hummus or Bean Dip
- 3 cups of your favorite hummus or bean dip recipe
- 1/4 cup whey
- Mix up your favorite hummus or bean dip recipe add whey.
- Cover the jar with a tight lid, airlock lid, or coffee filter secured with a rubber band
- Allow to culture at room temperature for 12 hours to 3 days, depending on temperature.
- Taste every 12 hours and adjust fermentation time to your liking.
Ready For More Cultured Dips?