Homemade Cashew Milk
Delicious, creamy homemade cashew milk is great for drinking or culturing.
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2-3 cups water for soaking the cashews
- 4 cups water for blending
- Soak the cashews in 2-3 cups water for 3 hours.
- Drain and discard water.
- Blend nuts with 4 cups water until almost smooth.
- Strain the blended mixture using butter muslin or a nut milk bag. A tight-weave cloth is preferable, as twisting the top tightly enables you to continue squeezing out more milk.
- Refrigerate. The milk will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Ready for More Non-Dairy Recipes?