Herbed Red Potatoes with Crème Fraîche
Crème fraîche provides the perfect complement to the savory herbed potatoes. Make enough so everyone can have second helpings!
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons cultured butter
- 3/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup chopped onion greens
- Sea salt, black pepper, basil, and garlic powder (or 2 cloves of minced garlic, if you have them)
- Boil potatoes in just enough water to cover until they are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer them to a large glass or enamel bowl. Add butter. Use a large spoon or ladle to mash the potatoes together just a bit to blend the butter. Leave some large chunks.
- Add the salt, basil, and garlic powder to taste, stirring them in gently with the spoon. Then pour in the crème fraîche, stirring and blending as you pour.
- Top with pepper, chopped onion greens, and more butter, if desired. Serve warm.
Ready to Learn More?