Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Haloumi and Cold Bean Salad Recipe
This salad makes a delicious light and tangy meal on a hot summer day.
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1 cup cranberry beans
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- 8 oz haloumi cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, bell pepper, shallot, and vinegar in a large glass bowl. Set aside.
- Boil beans in three cups salted water, just until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain beans and rinse under cold water. Toss the beans and the parsley together with the vinaigrette.
- Cut the haloumi into ½-inch slices and sear the cheese in a hot skillet over high flame until the slices are golden brown on both sides.
- Place 2-3 slices of cheese onto each plate and top with the bean salad. Salt and pepper to taste.
Ready for More Salad Recipes Containing Cheese?