Deliciously rich and tangy, this heirloom, thermophilic starter can be re-cultured indefinitely. Drain whey from the finished product to make thick Greek yogurt or enjoy as-is.
- Each box contains 2 packets of yogurt starter culture.
- Activate 1 packet using 1 quart pasteurized milk (store 2nd packet in the freezer as a back-up).
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- Suitable for use with pasteurized whole milk and with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care.
- Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Reusable culture: a small amount of each batch can be used to make the next batch and re-cultured from batch to batch indefinitely.
- Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
- Having trouble making Greek yogurt? Browse our Yogurt Troubleshooting Articles or contact us for assistance.
Greek Yogurt Starter Culture Instructions and Troubleshooting
Greek Yogurt Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing soy and dairy.
Shipping Information and Shelf Life
- Our Greek yogurt starter culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried yogurt culture.
- Refrigeration recommended.
- Use by date on box.
Additional Details About the Greek Yogurt Starter Culture
For an even creamier yogurt consistency, make a batch with 1 part heavy cream to 3 parts whole milk. Yogurt is delicious with added fruit or sweetener, and great in many recipes.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.