This soured quick bread is just sweet enough and includes festive mix-ins like cranberries, walnuts, and cinnamon. Serve it with softened butter and tea.
- 1½ cups brown rice sourdough starter
- ¾ cup milk or cultured dairy
- ¾ cup each white rice, sorghum, and tapioca flours
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup honey
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix sourdough starter, milk, flours, and flax seed until combined into a stiff dough. Cover and sour 6-12 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; whisk in honey, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt over the soured dough. Pour egg-honey mixture over dry ingredients; mix in gently.
- Add cranberries and walnuts, mixing together until well combined.
- Divide batter among two buttered loaf pans, filling each up to two-thirds full.
- Bake 40 minutes or until tops are set, the bottom has browned, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Ready for More Gluten-free Sourdough Recipes?