Garlic and Feta Cheese Ball
A cheese ball makes a tasty and attractive appetizer for any occasion!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons softened butter, ghee, or bacon fat (adds a unique flavor)
- 1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled crispy bacon (optional)
- Blend cheeses together in a large bowl.
- Stir in garlic and onion. Add enough of the butter to make a smooth mixture. If desired, mix in the crumbled crispy bacon.
- Divide in half and shape each half into a ball. Roll each ball in about half of the chopped pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until serving time. These also freeze well.
Note: If your batch of feta cheese turns out softer than you wanted, consider using the entire batch in place of the cream cheese and feta in this recipe. This is great served with Sourdough Bacon, Rosemary, and Cracked Peppercorn Crackers.
Ready to Learn More?