Garlic and Feta Cheese Ball
A cheese ball makes a tasty and attractive appetizer for any occasion! This recipe is great served with Sourdough Bacon, Rosemary, and Cracked Peppercorn Crackers.
- ¾ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons softened butter, ghee, or bacon fat (adds a unique flavor)
- ¼ cup crumbled crispy bacon (optional)
- 1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- Blend cheeses together in a large bowl.
- Stir in garlic and onion powder. Add enough of the butter to make a smooth mixture. If desired, mix in the crumbled crispy bacon.
- Divide in half and shape each half into a ball. Roll each ball in about half of the chopped pecans.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until serving time. Freezes well.
Note: If a batch of feta cheese turns out softer than desired, consider using the entire batch in place of the cream cheese and feta in this recipe.
Ready for More Cheese Snack Recipes?