This book presents the how-to of the GAPS program. It is a step-by-step guide written by Baden Lashkov who believes the GAPS program has been transformative in the lives of both herself and her son. She takes you through all aspects of the GAPS diet and protocol and offers personal stories and troubleshooting ideas. This book is a must for anyone starting the GAPS diet.
Reviewed and approved by Dr Campbell-McBride, GAPS Guide book:
- Shares several inspiring stories of recovery
- Presents a step-by-step guide to doing GAPS
- Answers frequently-asked-questions
- Directs you to amazing resources
- Those curious about GAPS
- Those wanting a clear, simple guide to share with extended family who are still utterly confused by what you are implementing
- Resource centers and libraries
- The friend who would do GAPS if only she could understand it
- Those without internet access
- Those with internet access but who prefer a compact, all-in-one hardcopy they can read on the comfort of their livingroom couch
- Those familiar with GAPS but ready to progress further
- Those who would like to be able to support others with clear, simple answers to GAPS? common questions
- Our Stories
- The Program
- What is GAPS?
- A Very Brief Overview
- The Program
- Implementing The Program
- Phase 1: Preparing for GAPS
- Phase 11 : The Intro Diet
- Phase 111: Progressing Further
- Frequently Asked Questions [See appendix below.]
- School/Work Lunches
- Slow and Methodical : How?!
- Bloating or Gas
- Unexplained Relapse
- Finding Time for GAPS
- Shopping Guide
- GAPS on a Budget
- Recipes For Intro
- SCD Recipe Sources
- What to Eat
- More Stories
- Frequently Asked Questions
The following questions are answered in Chapter 4:
- What is the difference between SCD and GAPS?
- SCD sounds simpler. Can I just do that?
- What conditions do SCD and GAPS address?
- There is a connection between Celiac and autism!?
- Should I pursue a diagnosis before starting?
- I thought Celiacs just needed to avoid gluten.
- I saw all about this on Oprah.
- If all this is true, why don't they tell us?
- I followed an elimination diet in the past and got very sick. I do not have time to get sick like that again!
- I have never noticed a reaction to dairy. Do I really have to eliminate dairy for awhile?
- Why on GAPS do I react to foods I didn?t react to pre-GAPS?
- I am allergic to phenols.
- I am sensitive to eggs/yogurt/fruit/carrots.
- I think I need to get rid of Candida first.
- I have adrenal burnout and chronic fatigue.
- My child will not eat.
- Did you vaccinate your son?
- What causes an imbalance of gut flora?
- How do I move toxins out?
- How long do I need to stay on the program?
- I do not feel full unless I eat bread/pasta/grain.
- But I need carbs!
- Where will I get my B Vitamins from?
- What about chocolate/sugar/Twinkies?
- I am hypoglycemic.
- Fats! Will I die of a heart attack?
- How fat will I get?
- Why can't people on GAPS eat potatoes?
- My daughter is in daycare/school.
- What about birthdays, Halloween, playcare?
- My husband seems pretty healthy. Do you think he should do it?
- I work or go to university full-time and have no one to make my meals.
- I travel for work, so I am screwed.
- How young can a person start?
- I have heard I should not detox while pregnant.
- Is there someone famous who has done it?
- Is there a medical authority I can consult with about it?
- Kraft dinner is cheaper and all I can afford.
- Can one be vegetarian on this program?
- How can I expect to feel on this program?
- What do you eat?
- Where can I get more info on SCD/GAPS?
Please note: The current lot of books may contain slight wear on the cover as a result of the printing process.
Questions on GAPS Guide Book
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page