Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Cheese
A delicious frozen dessert made with yogurt cheese (labneh) instead of plain yogurt, this cultured treat will make your sweet tooth smile.
- 2 cups yogurt cheese (labneh)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- 8 squares milk chocolate (optional)
- Stir together the cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large glass bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with a whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into cheese mixture, using a wooden spoon to gently blend.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Cover bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6-10 hours, or overnight.
- Pour mixture into a crank freezer or electric ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- No ice cream maker? Choose an option from our article on How to Make Cultured Ice Cream Without A Machine.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan and use it to drizzle over the dessert before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Ready for More Yogurt Dessert Recipes?