Fresh and Frozen Any-Fruit Kefir Smoothie
Smoothies are a great way to combine cultured dairy kefir with just about any other nutritious food you can think of — and get others to drink it without even knowing!
Using a combination of fresh and frozen fruit allows you to get a variety of fruit into your smoothie and create a thick, ice-cold texture without watering it down with ice.
Use the basic smoothie formula and then move onto the many delicious combinations you’ll find below.
For 1 serving:
- 1 cup kefir
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit
- Sweetener as desired
- Add-ins: powdered herbs or seaweeds, chia or flax seeds, flax or cod liver oil
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Peanut Butter-Banana: Make your fruit all bananas and add 2 tablespoons peanut butter for every serving.
- Blackberry-Mango: Use frozen blackberries and fresh mango for a sweet-tart tropical spin.
- Strawberry-Banana: Use 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and one ripe banana for one serving.
- Cherry-Berry: Use 1/2 cup frozen cherries and 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries for one serving.
- Peachy-Ginger: Use a combination of fresh and frozen peaches and add a pinch of dried ginger powder or a minced slice of fresh ginger to your blender.
Whatever combination you choose, be sure to use fresh cultured kefir for the wonderful taste and living organisms it possesses.
Ready to Learn More?