You'll get a fabulous authentic look with this traditional square mold for making feta as well as the famous Italian Telaggio. BPA-free.
Questions on Feta Cheese Mold
- From Jorge Ruano at 8/1/2011 2:21 PM
- From Nadia at 8/3/2011 9:47 AM
- From David_L at 10/8/2011 3:12 PM
- Hi, is this mold big enough for 2 pounds of Feta cheese? And since I'm making feta, I think that I really don't need a cheese press, just put the loaded cheese cloth inside the box and let it sit for 24 hours?
- Hi David,
The feta cheese mold would not be quite big enough to hold 2 lbs--maybe 1.5 lbs at the most.
And no, you wouldn't need a press for feta. Hope this helps!
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Kala at 5/23/2012 11:21 AM
- From Debbie at 8/19/2012 6:15 PM
- From Virginia at 8/8/2013 7:26 AM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- Why a mold for feta anyhow? Review by cheesemaker
Price Value Quality
Authentic look? The mold may be good for draining feta and other cheeses, but feta traditionally is cut into pieces before it's salted and brined.
Response from CFH: Some people like to brine their feta whole...it makes for a pretty presentation if you're selling it or giving it as a gift. The molded feta also looks beautiful when coated with nuts, berries or herbs. A molded feta is much easier to ship than a jar filled with cubes and brine. There are many reasons for offering this product, but the most important one is that we want our customers to be able to find what they want. If someone wants molded feta, we want to make sure that we have a mold for them. :)
(Posted on 11/28/2012)