Egg-free Sourdough Pancakes
If you avoid eggs because of an allergy or sensitivity, these pancakes might be just what you're looking for.
The batter will be slightly thicker; however, the extra thickness keeps the batter from spreading, creating fluffy pancakes without the use of eggs.
If using gluten-free sourdough starter, note the extra steps and ingredients, below.
- Generous 2 cups sourdough starter
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground chia or flax seeds (use with gluten-free sourdough starters only)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Whisk together wet ingredients.
- If using a gluten-free sourdough starter, add chia or flax seeds and rest batter 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine dry ingredients. Add dry to wet and whisk.
- Cook pancakes on a pre-heated griddle in ¼-cup increments. Flip as bubbles appear and cook until browned on both sides.
Ready to Learn More?