Easy No Knead Whole Wheat Peachy Almond Loaf
Make this scrumptious loaf ahead of time, for a quick breakfast or snack. Or serve warm, straight from the oven, and spread with butter.
- 3 cups finely ground whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cultured buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup lard or other fat
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and buttermilk, cover loosely, and soak overnight. Longer soaking times, up to 24 hours, yield a better rise.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Transfer soaked flour into a large bowl. Beat in remaining ingredients, combining thoroughly.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan. Pour bread batter in. Bake 1½ hours, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Ready for More Recipes Using Buttermilk?