Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Easy No Knead Whole Wheat Peachy Almond Loaf
Make this scrumptious loaf ahead of time, for a quick breakfast or snack. Or serve warm, straight from the oven, and spread with butter.
- 3 cups finely ground whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cultured buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup lard or other fat
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and buttermilk, cover loosely, and soak overnight. Longer soaking times, up to 24 hours, yield a better rise.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Transfer soaked flour into a large bowl. Beat in remaining ingredients, combining thoroughly.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan. Pour bread batter in. Bake 1½ hours, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Ready for More Recipes Using Buttermilk?