One of our favorite sourdough starter cultures, Whole Wheat Sourdough Starter is a Flemish-style starter made with organic whole wheat flour. It makes delicious whole grain bread.
- Each box contains 1 packet of dehydrated Whole Wheat Sourdough Starter Culture.
- Store in a cool, dry place until ready to activate.
- Activate using whole wheat flour and unchlorinated, unfluoridated water.
- Sourdough starters culture at room temperature, 70º-85ºF.
- Once activated, feed your starter using 1 part starter, 1 part water, and 1-2 parts flour daily for frequent use or weekly, if baking infrequently.
- Instructions for using this starter are included and can be found here.
- Having trouble activating your sourdough starter? Browse our Sourdough Troubleshooting Articles or contact us for assistance.
Whole Wheat Sourdough Starter Instructions and Troubleshooting
Whole Wheat Sourdough Starter Ingredients
- Organic whole wheat flour, live active cultures
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Whole Wheat Sourdough Starter Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that processes products containing gluten.
Whole Wheat Sourdough Starter Shipping Information and Shelf Life
- Our Whole Wheat Sourdough Starter Culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a dehydrated culture.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by date on box.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.