Made with rye flour, this sourdough starter culture makes delicious rye breads. For best results, we recommend feeding your sourdough starter weekly.
This sourdough starter is available as a dried culture.
Dried sourdough starters are shelf stable and do not have to be fed or cared for immediately. Dried sourdough starters can be ready to create baked goods within 3-5 days.
Detailed instructions will be included with your order. Click here to view our Danish Rye Sourdough instructions.
Questions on Danish Rye Sourdough Starter
- From Kelly R at 1/29/12 10:30 AM
- From Melissa P at 3/26/12 10:36 AM
- From Ann B at 2/7/13 2:21 PM
- From Cindy B. at 5/2/13 8:12 PM
- Are any of the sourdough starters completely dairy-free? Are there any ingredients other than flour and water?
- All of the sourdough starters are completely dairy-free. None of them have any ingredients other than flour and water, and of course the yeasts and bacteria that make up the culture.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- delicious, mild, vigorous Review by LacyGene
Quality Price Value
Starter cultures, rennet for cheese making and cultured vegetables, juices and condiments are sensitive to excessive heat. Once your order has shipped, an e-mail with tracking information will be sent to you. We encourage you to use the tracking information to anticipate the arrival of your items so they can be removed from the mail box and stored in the refrigerator promptly.