This is a perfect salad for a hot day, or a cooling side dish for a spicy meal.
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup plain whole yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Peel cucumbers and slice very thinly using a food processor or a mandoline slicer.
- Place in a medium-size bowl and mix in salt. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Transfer chilled cucumber slices to a colander and drain them for approximately 30 minutes. Squeeze the cucumbers or pat them with a towel to remove excess moisture. Either let them drain in the refrigerator, or refrigerate for at least 15 minutes after draining to re-chill.
- Peel and crush garlic and mix with yogurt and vinegar. Add cucumbers to yogurt mixture and stir gently to combine.
Serve cold, with crackers, sourdough bread, or veggie sticks.
Ready for More Creamy Dip Recipes?