Crème Fraîche Vanilla Ice Cream
Creamy, smooth and delcious, this vanilla ice cream recipe is like nothing you've tasted! Add fresh fruit or other flavors for variety.
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- ¾ cup sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, blend first five ingredients with a whisk.
- Add vanilla and salt and continue blending until sugar is dissolved and mixture is frothy.
- Chill ice cream mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Store in a lidded container in the freezer.
- If you do not have an ice-cream maker, chose a method from Making Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker.
Ready for More Cultured Frozen Desserts?