Creamy Spicy Southwestern Salad Dressing
Taco salad, if made right, doesn’t even need a dressing. But this dressing will take your salad to a whole new level, and it doesn’t even have to be relegated to taco salads!
Dip veggies in this spicy sauce, pour it over a burrito or taco, or spread it on sourdough bread for a zippy sandwich sauce. It’s too tasty and simple to pass up!
- 3/4 cups sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1-1/4 cup pourable kefir, yogurt, or buttermilk (must be thin)
- 3 green onions, diced small
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro, lightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, mix well, and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
Pour over taco salad or your favorite Mexican dish, or serve as a vegetable dip.