Creamy Kefir Black Peppercorn Dressing
Use this versatile recipe to dress a salad or use as a sauce on vegetables or meat. The cultured dairy and herbs blend together for a delicious addition to nearly any dish.
- 1 cup strained dairy kefir (consistency of yogurt)
- 1 cup cultured buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise (preferably lacto-fermented)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, minced or ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- Whisk strained kefir, cultured buttermilk, and mayonnaise together until smooth.
- Combine with other ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours prior to serving, to allow flavors to meld.
Ready for More Recipes Using Milk Kefir?