This is a delicious topping for brownies, cakes, sweet breads, or cookies!
- 2 cups unrefined cane sugar
- 7-ounce package cream cheese or ¾ cup homemade cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons cream, as needed
- Blend sugar in a high-powered blender until powdered. Stir into softened cream cheese.
- Add butter and vanilla and whip until light and fluffy, adding additional cream if necessary to obtain desired texture.
- Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate any leftovers.
*Frosting made with unrefined sugar will be tan in color rather than white.
Ready for More Sourdough Recipes?