This is a delicious topping for brownies, cakes, sweet breads, or cookies!
- 2 cups unrefined cane sugar (can use regular sugar)*
- 7-ounce package natural cream cheese or about 3/4 cup homemade cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cream, if needed to thin
- Blend sugar in a high-powered blender until powdered. Stir into softened cream cheese.
- Add butter and vanilla and whip until light and fluffy, adding additional cream if necessary to obtain the desired texture.
- Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate until serving time and refrigerate any leftovers.
*If this frosting is made with unrefined sugar, it will be tan in color rather than white.
Ready to Learn More?